When learning and training Muay Thai in Thailand with 301 Gym, you can rest assured that we are going to put you through the ringer! Our trainers will test your endurance and push you to even greater heights. Of course, all of that hard work comes at a cost: you’re going to be exhausted.
The good news is, between your training sessions, you can spend your free time however you wish. In this article, we’re going to share some of the local activities available to give you some inspiration.
You can use the in-house facilities and relax at the gym
Don’t feel obliged to leave the gym during your downtime if you would prefer not to. We have plenty of recreational facilities on-site that you are more than welcome to use at your leisure, such as:
- Do some personal training: while you will likely be exhausted and want to relax and unwind, you’re free to use the fitness facilities at your leisure. So, if you want to do a few rounds of weights or some bag work then by all means, help yourself.
- Have a swim: we have a 20-metre swimming pool onsite where you can enjoy a lovely dip to wash off the day. When it’s super-hot and you’ve been working hard, jumping in the pool to relax your muscles and float about is a great way to unwind!
- Play basketball: in addition to the gym and swimming pool, we have a large basketball court that you can enjoy. Whether you want to pick up a game with some of your fellow students or you’d prefer to throw a ball about by yourself and shoot some hoops you are more than welcome to do so as well.
- Unwind in your room: we have a variety of accommodation options available, including shared rooms and single rooms. If you like your privacy and would prefer to stay in a single room by yourself, you can relax with free WiFi, cable TV (with 100 English channels), or simply kick back and read a book on your bed.
- Watch movies in the communal TV area: we have a great relaxation area with some sofas and a large TV. There you can watch movies or Muay Thai / UFC fights with your fellow students. This is a great place to kick back and socialise with your other students during your downtime. Again, if you feel burned out and want to watch something by yourself, there’s a TV in each of the rooms.
Things to do outside of the gym and in the local area
If you would like to get away from the gym for a bit, then there’s plenty to do nearby. For example, you can head down to the nearby beach to sunbathe and swim. Along the beach road there are many different resorts, restaurants and bars that you can visit as well.
Some of the resorts allow outside guests to use their facilities. So, if you visit a resort like Dolphin Bay Resort for example, if you order food and have some drinks, you can use their swimming pool and socialise with other tourists if you like.
Go out and party
There’s a good chance that after a long week of training, you might feel like you could do with a nice, cold beer! The good news is that there are plenty of local beach bars where you can enjoy some good music, alcohol, and socialising with other tourists.
Just try not to get too drunk because you’ll regret it when you have to burn it off at 301 Gym when it’s time to resume your training!
Enjoy a delicious dining experience
There is also a number of quality restaurants nearby with all-manner of cuisine. Whether you want to continue sampling Thai food or you want a more western experience, you’ll be able to find plenty of opportunity in the surrounding area.
Visit Monkey Island
The nearby Ko Kho Ram island (aka Monkey Island) is a popular tourist attraction for people visiting Sam Roi. You’ll find a number of excursions where you can travel by boat and experience the island in all its majesty. If you love the idea of feeding monkeys in their natural environment, this is a once in a life time experience!
On the main beach you’ll find a number of places to take part in various water sports, including:
- Wake boarding
- Kite surfing
- Speed boat tours
There are a many caves in Sam Roi that can be accessed both by land and sea. So, whether you want to try cave exploration by Kayak, or if you want to go on one of the many surrounding excursions, you’ll find plenty of opportunity.
A little known fact about 301 Gym is the meaning behind its name; there are 300 mountains in the surrounding region and our Muay Thai Gym is the first!
As for the other 300 mountains, there are mountain biking tours available for you to take part in. This is a great excuse to keep up with your cardio while experiencing some of the most breath-taking views imaginable.
A great way to unwind after a hard day of training is racing around in the local Go Karting track! Feel the wind in your hair and compete with other drivers for a brilliant day out.
If you’ve never shot a gun before but always wanted to give it a go, the local shooting range will provide you with a unique opportunity to try some target practice. Perfect for blowing off some steam after a hard graft!
What else is there to do around Sam Roi Yot?
301 Gym is located in the Sam Roi Yot District of the Prachuap Khiri Khan province. Here are some of the best things to do in Sam Roi Yot:
- Explore the Phraya Kakhon Cave
- Unwind at Laem Sala Beach
- Visit the Tam Chet Yot Temple
- Find peace in the Bueng Bua Nature Observation Centre
- Climb through the Kaeo Cave
- Sunbathe at Bang Pu Beach
- Enjoy the local Fresh Markets
- Give your muscles a much-needed rest at JIB Massage
- Try the various sport rentals at Dolphin Bay Resort
- Why not try some shopping at the Soni Tailor or visit the local shopping malls?
These are just a handful of the things that you can see, do, and experience in the Sam Roi Yot region. Whatever you decide to do, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to unwind when you need a break from training.
At 301 Gym we try to provide our guests with as much opportunity to relax and unwind as possible. Of course, there’s only so much in the way of leisure activities that we can provide. In any case, if you do want to get away from the gym for a bit and enjoy some much-needed recreation, Sam Roi has plenty to offer.
If you’d like to learn more about the local activities that you can try when training Muay Thai with 301 Gym, please feel free to contact us today. We’ll gladly answer any questions that you may have and provide you with as much local knowledge as we can before you make any commitments.